Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Shopping Day


The past 2 days have been busy shopping at local stores and jewelry stores. I wish I could have photographed some of the pieces in the jewelry stores. I asked, but they are very protective of their designs. 

Maya has gotten quite a lessons in diamonds, gemstones, 22karat gold,platinum and traditional Indian jewelry. She has tried on some gorgeous pieces, which will not be coming home with us! We have several other ‘family jewelry stores” to visit before any purchases will be made. My mom is all over it and I am just enjoying trying everything on! I will keep asking to take pictures
We also visited a new mall that has been built in Bangalore called UB City. The mall has all the luxury brands(Burberry, Louis Vuitton, Etro, Armani,Versace ..you get the idea) but also some very beautiful Indian designer stores. Here are some pictures of me showcasing some of the latest high end designs:



Here is a picture of my mom and our driver Chandra, who is a lifesaver. He can navigate the roads and traffic like magic. I am sitting in the front seat now. I am constantly trying to put on the brakes and wave people out of our way (remember they drive on the left hand side of the road). I completely entertain Chandra.


This is what an Apple Store sign looks like in India:


There was a Lladro store in the mall. They had some beautiful pieces done especially for India. This was one of our favorites:

Maya loved the one of Cinderella!


Back to food! We ate at an outdoor Indian Fast Food Restaurant. You sit down and they serve you the dishes. You don’t order, you take what is given and there are about 10 people walking around serving you seconds. I like the concept, no hemming and hawing over the menu. The food that day was from the Rajastan and Gujarat states(north indian) and all of it was vegitarian. It was very yummy.





Here is a picture of a new electric car in India called the REVA that costs about $2000. I will try and take a picture of traffic tomorrow. It is really overwhelming.



Maya is exhausted and we have to do it again tomorrow!


2 comments:

  1. hey maya its maya again and you look exhausted and
    what kind of food do you eat? it looks good!bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Eileen Fisher and no Tory Burch in that mall? Come on! Just kidding - looks fabulous, I am sure the shopping part will most certainly continue throughout your trip! You are missing one of the worlds worst winters here! You are so smart! And so are your parents. CT is getting hammered too. Talk to you soon.. Nancy

    ReplyDelete